R Slater & Sons (the Company) take pride in the quality of our workmanship. Management and Staff aim to not only meet the requirements of our customers, but to do that little bit extra which exceeds our customers’ expectations.
R Slater & Sons main objective is to provide these services in a profitable manner which conforms to the contractual requirements of its customers, the requirements of all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, and to maintain market share based on demonstrated quality, service and price.
To accomplish this, R Slater & Sons has established, and maintains, an effective and efficient Integrated Management System in compliance with the respective applicable standards. This includes the effective management and control of occupational health and safety and environmental issues associated with our works.
It is also Company Policy to ensure that management, technical and production personnel are fully conversant with the Management System and Company objectives. This is achieved through a process of ongoing education and training at all levels within the Company. This includes the allocation of appropriately trained and qualified staff and resources to undertake specific tasks.
One of the key elements that R Slater & Sons has identified as critical to maintaining our standard of service delivery is the quality and performance of our employees. As such, all endeavours are made to provide a safe and healthy workplace for all employees, in which their input to the system is valued and appropriately rewarded.
Similarly, R Slater & Sons recognises its obligations to the environment. It is policy to comply with all relevant Environmental Acts, regulations as well as moral obligations and community expectations. Environmental impacts of our processes, be they existing, or new, are considered at all times, and where necessary, appropriate preventive measures put in place to ensure that no breaches of these obligations can occur.
At R Slater & Sons, our Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Policy is based on a belief that the well-being of people at work, or people affected by our work, is a major priority and must be considered during all work performed on our behalf.
The objectives of our OH&S Policy are:
- To achieve an accident free workplace;
- To make health and safety an integral part of every managerial and supervisory position;
- To ensure health and safety is considered in all planning and work activities;
- To involve our employees in the decision making processes through regular communication, consultation ,training and induction programs;
- To provide a continuous program of education and learning to ensure that our employees work in the safest possible manner;
- To identify and control all potential hazards in the workplace through hazard identification and risk analysis;
- To ensure all potential accidents/incidents are controlled and prevented; and
- To provide effective injury management and rehabilitation for all employees.
The success of our OH&S management is dependent on:
- Pro-active planning of all work activities with due consideration given to implementing occupational health and safety controls that are suitable to each given situation.
- Understanding the total work process and associated OHS risk.
- Ensuring the work crew is totally committed to achieving our objectives.
- Ensuring that open and honest communication exists between management and the work crew.
R Slater & Sons ensures that the needs and expectations of the client are always met while complying with contractual, legislative, regulatory and other requirements in the most cost-effective manner.
Quality Control & Objectives
- To deliver our clients the standards of quality specified in the contract within budget.
- To create and maintain a culture of quality within the group.
- To ensure that all our employees are trained in quality assurance and that this training is ongoing at all levels.
- To meet all legal requirements.
- To provide the resources necessary to achieve the required level of quality.
- To ensure that quality control mechanisms are being sufficiently and effectively applied at all times.
- To provide documentary evidence of all quality control measures.
- To ensure that all consultants, suppliers, sub-contractors and others who are involved in our projects meet the required quality standards.
- To continually review, improve and implement quality control and best practice procedures.
- To seek feedback from our clients and consultants as to the level of quality delivered.
- To maintain an up to date Quality Management System to ISO 9001:2008
At R Slater & Sons Pty Ltd we are committed to meeting the needs of our customers in an environmentally sound and sustainable manner, through continuous improvements in environmental performance of all our activities.
To do this, we will work with our sub-contractors, suppliers and customers to ensure they give proper consideration to all environmental aspects which may be affected by our activities.
Within our operation, we will:
- Comply with relevant environmental legislation and standards;
- Identify and manage, as far as reasonably practicable, any relevant environmental risks within our operation and apply best practice principles to the prevention of pollution;
- Promote environmental awareness among all employees to increase understanding of environmental matters;
- Identify and implement ways to improve the efficiency with which we use energy, water, raw materials and other resources;
- Consult with our employees and stakeholders to continually improve our environmental management processes and practices and;
- Maintain an up-to-date Environmental Management System ISO 14001:2004.
This policy will be reviewed to ensure it remains relevant and appropriate. Environmental leadership and adherence to this policy is the responsibility of all company employees, sub-contractors and suppliers.